The Centre for Women’s Economic Safety Ltd (CWES) offers free Money Clinics for women, non-binary and gender diverse people experiencing financial and/or economic abuse, or who are concerned about their finances in the context of domestic and family violence.
Money Clinics provide independent financial safety planning and information in a one-on-one session with a qualified, female, financial specialist who is violence- and trauma-informed. They can answer questions, listen to your concerns, or work through:
- Credit scores and reports (whether a partner or family member has put debts in your name)
- Safely opening a new bank account
- Loans and mortgages
- Superannuation or insurance
- A budget or statement of financial position
- Impact of lump sums (eg. Victims Compensation)
- Financial considerations when leaving an abusive partner
- Financial disclosure in preparation for Family Law Property Settlement
For women unsure about their financial position because of a relationship, or whether or not their partner’s behaviour constitutes financial abuse or economic abuse, Money Clinics offer a free Financial Safety Check.
Money Clinics also facilitate small group sessions for women over morning tea or lunch, about:
- Money and relationships
- Credit reports
- Navigating financial stress