If you are experiencing economic abuse from a current or former partner, or you are still dealing with the consequences of abuse, there are organisations that can support you. This directory provides links to some of these. The services listed below can be filtered by state or territory, or by category. Read about the categories of support available.

Please note: This directory is not exhaustive and is focused on national, state and territory organisations. There are many more organisations operating locally that you may also find useful. Larger organisations can often refer you to these services - or ask your local council. Inclusion in this Directory does not represent an endorsement by CWES.

[ gd_listings post_limit=10 add_location_filter='1' gd_loop layout="3" ]

  • Financial wellbeing

    Women’s Financial Wellbeing Guide

    Information, resources and practical tips to help you build, secure, and enhance your financial wellbeing at all stages of life from the Commonwealth Bank. (Includes information about money and relationships)


  • DFV support

    Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline WA

    The statewide helpline provides support and counselling for women experiencing family and domestic violence, including referral to local advocacy and support services, and liaison with police if necessary. 7 days a week 24 hours a day

    1800 007 339

    Western Australia

  • DFV support

    Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services WA

    Women's Council is a state-wide peak organisation committed to improving the status of women and children in society. Information/referral to Domestic and Family Violence services can also be obtained from the Council.

    (08) 9420 7264

    Western Australia

  • Financial wellbeing

    Women Talk Money

    Information about relationships and money developed by Victorian not-for-profit organisation Women's Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE).

    New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, Australian Capital Territory, National

  • Indigenous, Legal

    Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service

    VALS provides referrals, advice/information, duty work or case work assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Victoria.

    1800 064 865


  • Legal

    Victoria Legal Aid

    VLA helps people with their legal problems and is focused on protecting the rights of Victorians and representing those who need it the most. Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm

    1300 792 387


  • Victim support

    Victims Support Agency (Vic)

    The Victorian Government's Victims of Crime Helpline offers information, advice and support for victims of crime in Victoria. 1800 819 817 - 7 days a week 8.00am to 11.00pm 0427 767 891 - Text helpline

    1800 819 817


  • Financial assistance, Victim support

    Victims Support ACT

    Victim Support ACT delivers the free and confidential Victims Services Scheme for the ACT Government. This includes advocacy, counselling, financial assistance and recognition payments.

    1800 8222 72

    Australian Capital Territory

  • Financial assistance, Victim support

    Victims Services NSW

    Victims Services is a NSW government agency which may be able to assist with financial support if you are a victim of crime. Mon - Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm

    1800 633 063

    New South Wales

  • Financial assistance, Victim support

    Victims of Crime WA

    The Department of Justice is responsible for a range of services which offer advocacy and support to victims of crime in WA including compensation for injuries.

    Western Australia

  • Financial assistance, Victim support

    Victims of Crime Services (Tas)

    The Victims of Crime Service operates within the Victims Support Service of the Tasmanian government to meet the needs of victims of crime in Tasmania.

    1300 300 238


  • Financial assistance

    Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (Vic)

    VOCAT is established by legislation to provide financial assistance to victims of violent crime committed in Victoria.